If you are looking for a target, choose from these!
Make a contribution to the group’s progress at least 3 times per lesson
If you go wrong stop, listen and start again on beat 1
Use the CD to check you have the correct notes and timings
Use the drums to start off or count in clearly so that you have a beat to play in time with
Check spelling and capital letters before posting a comment on the blog
Make sure you know which group you are on the live lesson blog and read your feedback below
In our lesson we took some ‘snapshots’ of the pieces we are working on.
I’m having some trouble getting the tracks onto this page but soon you will be able to scroll down and have a listen with my comments on how to improve. In the meantime why not have a look at the Live blog that Charlie created during the lesson by clicking HERE. Scroll down to listen to the snapshots he recorded then leave your comments at the bottom of this page!
Suggestions for group 1:
1. Timing is a bit shaky at the start but you got back together well done. Make sure you count in and think about starting with the drums so you have a beat to play in time with
2. Check the notes on bass and piano, they weren’t always right
GROUP 1 FINAL PERFORMANCE
Suggestions for group 2:
1. Everyone knows their part, now you need to get the piece in time so the lyrics will fit
2. Get the drum part playing a steady beat, then count your 4s carefully
GROUP 2 FINAL PERFORMANCE
Suggestions for group 3 (back porta cabin group):
1.Get the bass part in as it really fills out the sound
2. Save the fills for the end of each section to shape the structure of the piece
3. Work out how you will start and stop the piece!
GROUP 3: FINAL PERFORMANCE 1
GROUP 3: FINAL PERFORMANCE 2
Suggestions for group 4 (A49 group)
1. Check the piano rhythm, just listen to make sure it is in time
2. Keep driving the rhythm forward
3. I love the way you change the rhythms in each verse well done
GROUP 4: FINAL PERFORMANCE 1
GROUP 4: FINAL PERFORMANCE 2