Please find your Blues learning log below! Hopefully you can hear the progress your group made from the snapshots to the final performances and have read the comments and feedback on your work from Mrs G and other students as the bottom of the page. Please now answer the poll to let me know how you feel you got on with the task so I can plan the next one to suit everybody! From now on please check any comments you make for spellings and capital letters before you click ‘send’. Please note that you will receive a personal level in your next lesson to be put into your booklets.
To hear the whole class Blues performance we did back in September click HERE
Cupboard Blues: SNAPSHOT
1. Don’t repeat the first section, do that once then move on to a new section which has a melody that Melissa and Megan both play together over the chords
2. Keep the improvisations the same length so both instruments play the whole 12 bars each
3. Think about how Saffron can accompany the solos, tap a swing rhythm, play chords one per bar?
Wasting Time Blues: SNAPSHOT
1. Listen to this. Think about adding in a section in the middle where you sing or play some improvised solos. Can you add an introduction like this
2. Try singing a line each to create some question and answer textures
3 Add some harmony on the first note of each verse and see if you can create some singing accompaniment like your last verse to go on underneath the words
Sunday Blues: SNAPSHOT
1. Make sure every one really knows their part.
2. Play in time with the drum beat, you are currently playing at different speeds!
Bad Day Blues: SNAPSHOT
1. Read the comments for the wasting time Blues
2. Add your middle sections where Kim and Candice improvise over Chloe’s chords
Red Ribbon Blues
1. Rehearse this TOGETHER
2. Don’t use the drums not working as an excuse not to rehearse everything else
3.Make sure everyone plays a solo part and that it is in time!
Red Ribbon Blues: SNAPSHOT
1. Decide who plays when with an introduction and ending
2. Play without the CD
3. Add lyrics
1. Listen to the CD
2. Stop messing about with the amps, turning up the sound and unplugging things is just really annoying for everyone
3. Practice playing in time to the CD
4. Record the piece
Unknown Blues: SNAPSHOT
1. Give the piece an introduction and ending
2. Work out what Liam can play if Morgan is drumming
3. Add fills on the drums and a swing rhythm to the other parts